– Feet just about shoulder width apart,I use a overhand grip with both hands (most use one over one under).
– KEEP YOUR HEAD UP, back should be flat.
– Begin to pull the weight up and then drive through your heels till fully extended.
– Allow the weight to lower you back down while keeping head up & back from rounding.
– Dead lifting takes practice but is an absolute MUST DO EXERCISE!
– I keep my hands all the way to the very end of the bar.
– Knees locked TIGHT under pad & feet firmly planted to ground.
– Lean back slightly, the photo shows good form as to how far.
– Keep body firmly planted & pull down with your lats NOT YOUR BICEPS!
– Try to hold for 1-2secs before releasing weight between reps.
– I prefer to stand over a dumbbell rack usually the one near the mirror, the slight incline takes pressure off my lower back.
– Allow the weight to reach a dead hang then begin to pull all the way back with lat.
– Hold for 1-2 at top of lift before releasing weight.
– I use a shorter straight bar if possible,hands shoulder width apart.
– Keep arms straight with a slight bend as you pull down.
– Head & back should stay up & tight.
– Squeeze at bottom of lift then allow weight back up slowly.
– Knees slightly bent, torso straight up.
– Begin to pull weight till reaches abdomen.
– Allow weight to return and pull you with it naturally then dig heels & drive back through.
– I finish reps with body leaning slightly more forward then in photo & arms pulled back as much as possible.