– Use an adjustable bench and set it about one or 2 notches down from being straight up.
– Also turn the seat up as much as possible so you are wedged in it.
– Shoulder width grip lower weight to chin.
– Push up through delts, a slight pause at top is ok but try not to lock out.
– Use an Olympic like a man not the curl bar like in this photo.
– Keep about 2 fists distance between hands.
– Now raise the bar & imagine you are trying to get your elbows above your head.
– Stand arms length from the side of machine.
– Starting position should have hand resting on top of thy closet to machine.
– Raise arm up across body, you can try finishing with either with palm facing forward or down.
– Position the seat so your arms will be straight out when gripping handles.
– Make sure to straddle the seat tightly & dig chest into the pad.
– Keep the emphasis on the read delt, don’t force the weight with your arms.
– Leave your ego at the door on this one, go light & worry about the strain in the delt.